Mayuree is the Firm’s head of China Practice. She has extensive experience in advising both local and international clients, focusing on Chinese speaking clients on M&A, including acquisition and disposal of equity interest in listed companies, company law, and general corporate law, capital market and securities law practice, including IPOs, equity offerings, property funds, REITs, infrastructure funds, real estate laws and banking and finance. Her expertise extends across multiple industries including real estate and property development, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, oil & gas, renewable energy, and financial services.
Publications and Presentations
- 泰国的土地权证书/ Land Title Certificates In Thailand, January 2020
- “Chinese Investors Intent On Big Opportunities In Thailand Should First Bone Up On Foreign Ownership Restrictions And Transactions With Thai Joint Venture Partners”, Asian Business Law Journal, August 2019
- “Bridging the Thai-Chinese cultural divide”, Asian-mena counsel, Volume 16 Issue 6, 2019
- 泰国新《劳动保护法》的修订要点, July 2019
- Visiting Professor at the Law School of Shanghai University of Political Science and Law (SHUPL)
Education and Admission
- LL.M, University of Southern California, U.S.A
- LL.B (Honors), Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- Notarial Services Attorney of Thailand, 2009
- Member of the Lawyer Council of Thailand, 2007
Significant transactions and projects in which Mayuree has been involved include:
Acquisition of Companies / Land
- Representing AWR Lloyd (Hong Kong) on legal services with the acquisition of shares in Sunshiro Advertising Company Limited incorporation under the laws of Thailand.
- Representing Fangda Partners Law Firm (China) with legal advice through our tax advisory service on the financing support and the related activities of the firm’s Chinese client based on the business model as it applies in Thailand.
- Representing a major Hong Kong-based investment holding company with legal counsel for a proposed investment of approximate 1,088 rai of land comprising 77 land title deeds in Chonburi province which is currently operated as a golf course.
- Representing Kainan Investment (China) in conducting due diligence on 13 title deeds of lands located in Sathorn and Bangrak districts of Bangkok which includes but is not limited to verifying ownership, determining the status of the land based on the title deeds, mortgage status, incentives and bonus policy for FAR (Floor Area Ratio), air and military safety navigation zones, analyzing business construction restrictions.
Thai Market Entry
- Representing Kaihom Logistics (China) in the complete end-to-end process of setting up the logistics company as well as the trading company in Thailand including advise on the share structure, company registration, shareholder agreements and capital increase, reviewing articles of incorporation, JV agreement with a Thai company on the sale, service, maintenance and manufacturing of electrical vehicles.
- Representing WELLE Environmental Service (China) with legal assistance on reviewing and supporting documents for a foreign business license as well as reviewing and revising the company’s standard employment agreements.
- Representing KK Day Company Limited (Taiwan), a travel/tour operator, with full services regarding the incorporation of the company and applying for the tourism license as well as drafting and reviewing supplier cooperation agreements from a Thai legal perspective as well as translation service.
Outbound Investments in Greater China
- Representing Eka Pak Co., Ltd. on legal assistance concerning a proposed acquisition of shares from the existing shareholder (Printpack Global Financing) of a Delaware Corporation Holding company, which owns 100%, shares in three operating companies in China: 1) Printpack Suzhou Trading Co. Ltd. 2) Printpack Suzhou Packaging Co. Ltd. and 3) Printpack Wuhu Packaging Co., Ltd.
- Representing Chan Development Company, a Thai packaging and cosmetics manufacturer, as the legal counsel for entering into a joint venture agreement with Suzhou iColor Biotech Co., Ltd. and obtaining investment promotion from the Board of Investments (BOI) for the manufacture of cosmetics.
- Representing a major Thai manufacturer of food & beverages as legal counsel concerning the proposed investment in breeder swine farms and feed mill factories based in China. The engagement includes setting up the company in China (with a holding company in Hong Kong), advising on tax implications, opening bank accounts and conducting due diligence on the assets to be transferred and leased to the client.
Dispute Resolution / Litigation
- Representing a large Chinese hydropower construction firm on potential litigation between the company and a local Thai partner regarding an Engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) dispute.
- Representing a Zhangzhou trading company in assisting with the investigation of 16 Chinese nationals arrested in Phuket over a stock market scam.
- Representing a major Chinese solar energy producer with various disputes including EPC dispute, enforcement of share pledge agreements between the company and existing shareholders of a Thailand-based firm and liquidated damages for payments-related disputes with a Thai company.