Koraphot has handled matters that span across multiple practice areas, including corporate and commercial, Fintech, and real estate law, since 2014. During his tenure as an experienced lawyer, he has represented several prolific companies. His previous experience includes leading due diligence and evaluation projects, as well as drafting and reviewing purchasing, structuring, licensing, and financing agreements. He is highly skilled in legal research and advising clients on new laws and regulations, including privacy and data protection, Fintech, and cybersecurity. He also has significant experience in dealing with small and medium enterprises (SMEs), in addition to larger corporations. Lastly, his background includes financial and feasibility analysis work, allowing him to better serve clients who require this skill set.
- LL.M in Technology Law, University of California Berkeley, School of Law (USA)
- LL.B in Business Law, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- BBA, Major in Real Estate Management, Assumption University (Thailand)
- “Cybersecurity Laws and Regulations 2022”, Journal of Global Legal Group, to be published by ICLG.com (January 2022, Author);
- “Privacy rules under Thai’s applicable law”, Thailand legal framework, published by Australian Chamber of Commerce (November 2021, Author);
- “Chaos in the making? A look into Ashton Asoke’s predicament and the revocation of its building permit”, an online article published by Silk Legal (August 2021, Author);
- “Foreign Digital Companies no longer out of reach from Thai authorities amid additional regulation on onshore and offshore platforms”, an online article published by Silk Legal (August 2021, Author);
- “Got protection? SEC strengthens oversight mechanisms for real estate backed ICOs”, an online article published by Silk Legal (August 2021, Co-author);
- “A comparison of cryptocurrency”, Developing legal frameworks in Thailand published by Asian Jurisdictions (May 2021, Author);
- “Will the confusion finally end? Thailand’s SEC opts to transfer supervision of ICOs to Securities Act”, an online article published by Silk Legal (March 2021, Co-author).
A selection of matters which Koraphot has been involved include:
Fintech, Digital Asset and Tech Law
- Represented Razer Merchant Service Group, a large multinational online payment gateway company in Singapore, Malaysia, Hongkong and Thailand, on licensing requirements for various types of payment services in Thailand with the BOT.
- Represented BSCPad Group, the first Initial Decentralization Exchange Offering (IDO) for multi-chain platforms, on the token listing and conducting legal due diligence for potential listing ICO company and preparing various legal transaction documents, such as white/lite paper, SAFT, legal advice, also in respective of definitive transaction agreements.
- Represented Avocado Chain Limited, an online marketplace platform for freelance overseas on preparing Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policies for the website and other related documentation various from setting up the offshore company to TGE.
- Represented NUAN YUAN YOJO Group, an e-commerce enterprise in China, aiming to provide point-of-sale service for Chinese tourists in Thailand on obtaining e-money wallet license and advising on foreign investment issues and currency exchange control regulations, restrictions and requirements for providing financial service in Thailand.
Real Estate and REIT
- Represented Sri Panwa Hotel Property Fund (SPWPF), in Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT), and conducting legal due diligence on lands for listing in REIT, advising on property evaluation, structuring the transaction, relevant laws and drafting land sale and purchase agreements.
- Represented Charn Issara Development PLC on tackling land disputes, land allocation, consolidation for investments and general corporate legal issues and drafting SPAs, mortgage agreements, leasing agreements, and rental agreements.
- Represented Government Pension Fund (GPF) on its acquisition of a hotel business in Bangkok.
- Represented Asian Aviation Training Centre Limited, the aviation training center for commercial airway, on its joint work with American co-working space service provider in Thailand, including reviewing and negotiation of aviation simulator lease agreement.
- Represent T-Pack (Thailand) Limited, the Italian parcel assemble company in Rayong Industrial Estate in conducting legal due diligence for acquisition of a bonded warehouse license to operate the business in Thailand.
- Represented Lumentum Operation LLC Limited, conducting legal due diligence for purchasing of land and factory in industrial estate.
- Represented Cape Pathui Limited, conducting legal due diligence for purchasing of land and building, including hotel license acquisition.
- Represented Dole Thailand Limited, conducting legal due diligence on vacant land for extended of its fruit can factory.
- Represented Bangkok Hospital, on its acquisition of X-ray vehicle from Prolab Limited, conducting legal due diligence for purchasing building and vehicles.