Apattaya is a senior associate with Kudun and Partners Limited. She has extensive experience in advising both local and international clients on corporate law practice and real estate laws. Her expertise extends across multiple industries including Energy & Utilities.
Education and Admission
- MBA, National University, USA
- LL.B, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
|Significant transactions and projects in which Apattaya has been involved include:|
Corporate, Mergers and Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures
- Advising and representing a Chinese solar panel manufacturer company in claiming outstanding engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) service fees on three solar energy projects for approximately THB 700 million/ USD 22.5 million.
- Advising and representing a leading telecommunications company in defending an arbitration case concerning compensation claims arising from the concession agreement for a total amount of over THB 20 billion/ USD 642 million filed by a state-owned company.
- Advising and assisting a major consortium consisting of well-known Thai and foreign companies, in challenging the unlawful order dismissing its bidding proposal for Laem Chabang Port Phase 3 Project of the Port Authority of Thailand which has an initial value estimated at THB 155.834 billion/ USD 5 billion.
- Advising and assisting a leading financial technology service provider company in an international arbitration case under the jurisdiction of the Singapore International Arbitration Center(SIAC) to claim compensation arising from the material breach of acquisition agreements for an estimated amount of SGD 33 million/ THB 754 million/ USD 24 million.
- Advising and representing a Chinese construction company in claiming outstanding fees on the construction works for approximately THB 300 million/ USD 9.6 million from one the largest project development companies in Thailand
- Advising and representing a construction company in claiming outstanding fees on completed construction works from the project owner.
- Advising and representing a leading real-estate development company in defending a land dispute case involving various stakeholders.
- Advising and representing a leading residential property development company in defending a condominium dispute case.
- Advising and representing a joint venture company consisting of leading international engineering and construction companies from Japan and Thailand in defending disputes arising from EPC contracts and setting aside the judgment of an arbitration award.
- Advising and representing a large group of consumers in the proceedings of multiple class-action cases against one of the leading financial service provider in Thailand
- Representing a group of authorized directors in a leading securities brokerage company in defending a THB 100 million/ USD3.2 million claim lodged by investors.
- Representing a group of authorized directors in a leading securities brokerage company in their defense against criminal allegations made by investors.
- Representing a group of authorized directors in a leading securities brokerage company by providing advice on their defense against criminal allegations made by the Bank of Thailand.
- ·Advising and representing a leading securities brokerage company in defending a dispute case related to the block-trade transaction.
- Representing a leading securities brokerage company in challenging an order of The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) with the Appeal Commission and the Central Administrative Court.
- Advising and representing a Hong Kong company, one of the largest investor-owned power businesses in Asia in a rehabilitation case concerning the repayment of the debts.
- Advising a leading passport provider company in Thailand on the e-bidding application of the third phase of Thailand’s electronic passport by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Advising one of the leading sugar production companies in Thailand in a dispute arising under the Bagasse Fired Boiler — a boiler that burns bagasse(waste fibers of sugarcanes) to produce heat for central heating and hot water — contract between a Chinese company and we successfully assisted the client in obtaining a favorable settlement through mediation.
- Representing and defending investors in criminal allegations made by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Advising a leading property and retail management company concerning rental disputes.