Supajit is an associate with Kudun and Partners Limited, active in the corporate and M&A practice. She is well-versed in advising both local and international clients on corporate law, laws relating to foreign direct investment, investment promotion, Thai labour law, and regulatory compliance assistance. Her experience extends across different sectors, including banking, technology, industrial, manufacturing, transportation, and healthcare.
- LL.B, Thammasat University, Thailand
- Barrister-at-Law, the Thai Bar Association
- Notarial Services Attorney, the Lawyer Council of Thailand
- Member, the Lawyer Council of Thailand
A selection of matters in which Supajit has been involved include:
Corporate and M&A
- Assisted multiple multinational and local companies in various industries including software, transportation and industrial, chemical and food, in conducting legal due diligence investigation including corporate, licenses and permits, material contracts, financing agreements, assets, real estate, labour, and litigation.
- Assisted a Thai company, as a seller, in connection with the shares sale and purchase agreement; prepared documents for the company’s share transfers including share sale and purchase agreement and its amendments, share transfer instruments, meeting proxies, share certificates, and list of shareholders; and carried out the registrations of the aforementioned matters with the Department of Business Development, Ministry of Commerce (MOC).
- Assisted a subsidiary of a Japanese company in Thailand with closing implementations relating to assets and shares transfer including notification to various government agencies including the BOI and the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission.
- Assisted a Singaporean business in setting up a company in Thailand to conduct its core businesses in Thailand (i.e. holding of real property (e.g. land), hotel business, lifestyle/wellness services and healthcare services) including providing legal advice and analysis on the requirements regarding foreign shareholding with respect to the Land Code and Foreign Business Act (FBA); Investment Promotion Act; Hotel Act; Medical Facilities Act; Medicine Act; Health Business Establishment Act; and Public Health Act.
Foreign direct investment
- Assisted a leading Singaporean rubber products manufacturer in providing legal advice and analysis on restrictions, rules, and requirements with respect to business operations of its regional office in Thailand, including its employment matters such as visa and work permit requirements.
- Assisted various multinational and local companies in providing legal advice and analysis relating to foreign investments under the FBA and investment promotion laws including shareholding options to meet the relevant requirements; carrying out various corporate registrations with the MOC including the incorporation of private limited companies, change of directors and capital increase, and applying for foreign business licenses and foreign business certificates.
- Assisted a tollway concessionaire and operator in providing legal advice on dividend payment procedures and requirements under Thai corporate laws.
- Assisted various clients in preparing and reviewing commercial agreements including sales agreements addressing issues relating to the transfer of title and risk, delivery and return terms and conditions; and provide legal advice on the same.
- Advised an individual in preparing a will relating to properties in Thailand and advising the legal consequences of the will and criteria and qualifications of an executor of a will.
- Assisted a large state-owned bank in Thailand regarding the legal consequences of a default by a borrower under a THB 12 billion credit facility agreement by providing legal advice and analysis on various legal aspects including the grounds of claim, procedures and liabilities under the Civil and Commercial Code, Criminal Code, Securities and Exchange Act, and Bankruptcy Act.
- Assisted a foreign bank in providing legal advice on issues relating to the installation of a monitoring program in its electronic devices such as potential violation of/non-compliance with the personal data protection law, labor law, privacy infringement and computer crime law.
- Assisted a Singaporean government agency in providing legal advice and analysis on Thai labour laws in relation to the termination of employment and severance payments and drafting template for termination notice, resignation letter, and payments acknowledgment receipt.