Founded in 2015, Kudun and Partners is a modern and forward-thinking law firm with a vision for a more client-focused way of practicing. Our highly experienced team of Thai and international lawyers, comprised of 17 partners with over 50 associates, act as trusted advisors to leading Thai and international private and public corporations including a range of government entities, financial institutions, and private equity funds on transactions in Thailand and throughout Southeast Asia, covering the full spectrum of industry sectors. In only six years since our inception, we have been awarded the highly coveted Thailand Law Firm of the Year by The Legal 500 Southeast Asia Awards 2020/2021, a reflection of the firm’s commitment to delivering work that exceeds expectations and raises industry standards.
What makes us different?
Our culture allows our team members to define their career paths based on their strengths, and our ambitious outlook ensures that we continue to provide opportunities for everyone to thrive. We are committed to fostering a culture of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB). Our basic principles revolve around working together as a team, respecting and supporting one another as a family, fostering unity as well as encouraging equality and fairness. We practice an open-door policy where team members are encouraged to speak out and share ideas. The steering members of the firm are steadfast in their belief that employees are the business’s most valuable asset, and they hold frequent get-togethers, whether online or offline, to meet and speak. In April 2022, our firm was recognized as Thailand’s Employer of Choice, 2022 by Asian Legal Business, a Thomson Reuters publication, alongside some of the longest-standing law firms in Thailand.
About the Role
As we continue to expand our firm, we are seeking to hire a Financial Controller to join our firm. This is an excellent opportunity for those seeking to work in a collegial and productive environment with transparent, open communication and a strong team spirit. If you’re passionate, hard-working, love solving problems, and are excited about the possibility of working with some of Thailand’s best legal talent at one of Southeast Asia’s most innovative law firms, we want to hear from you.
Scope of work
The Financial Controller will be responsible for overseeing the firm’s accounting operations, including producing periodic financial reports, maintaining accounting records, and developing comprehensive controls and budgets to mitigate risk and improve financial accuracy. The incumbent will also ensure that all financial activity complies with reporting standards and will play a critical role in maintaining the firm’s financial health and stability.
- Establishing financial procedures, controls, and accounting policies to promote transparency and consistency
- Managing and ensuring the integrity of the monthly closing process, including processing, controls, and reconciliations in accordance with the financial control policy
- Overseeing day-to-day financial operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll
- Supervising the formal balance sheet review cycle, cash flow forecasting, and treasury management
- Preparing various financial statements, analysis, and ensuring compliance
- Developing and implementing billing and collection policies and procedures, overseeing the billing and collection team to ensure accurate and timely processing of invoices and payments
- Preparing and delivering in-depth financial analysis and insightful narrative on financial and commercial areas for operational and strategic discussions
- Identifying and undertaking key projects in line with the firm’s strategic plan
- Liaising with external auditors and ensuring compliance with all financial regulations and reporting requirements
- Assisting the COO in managing the annual rate review process, including the gathering of industry data and all associated management information
Desired characteristics and capabilities
- Ability to take a strategic view of the business and its impact on finance to improve and deliver proactive service
- Commercial finance background, demonstrating the creation of a results-driven environment
- Strong knowledge of management information systems, including Excel, and using them effectively for reporting purposes
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and redistribute work across the team as needed
- Client-centric approach and ability to see things from a “lawyer’s point of view”
- Reliable, enthusiastic, and possess a can-do attitude
Desired characteristics and capabilities
- Qualified accountant with at least three years of work experience
- Work experience in law firms, consulting, or audit firms is an advantage
- Knowledge of local statutory, audit, and tax requirements is a must
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
This position is based at our office in Chidlom area. If you believe you have the right attitude, the necessary skills, and knowledge for this role, please email your resume to Ben Cheok (email@example.com)
Join us if you are ready to be part of our team!
Posted on March 1, 2023