Rujisaya is an associate at Kudun and Partners. She provides a wide range of legal and commercial advice to international and local businesses on corporate and M&A matters, foreign direct investment including investment promotion and banking and finance. She is well versed in partial and entire business transfer M&A projects and is experienced in advising clients on pre- and post-merger issues. Apart from M&A, she has assisted foreign companies in license and permit applications, as well as protection under the Thai-US Treaty of Amity and identifying applicable tax exemptions. Her experience covers an extensive range of industries including automotive, financial institutions, non-life insurance, energy, logistics and manufacturing.
Education and Admission
- LL.B, Thammasat University, Thailand
- Notarial Services Attorney, the Lawyer Council of Thailand
- Member, the Lawyer Council of Thailand
A selection of matters which Rujisaya has been involved include:
General Corporate & Commercial
- Providing legal advice to multi-national clients covering available options and suitable shareholding structure for setting up both majority foreign and Thai owned legal entity in Thailand.
- Raising points to be concerned on the business operation such as requirement of shareholding structure, directors, registered office, capital, profit repatriation, labour and cessation of entity including necessary permits and license requirement.
- Assisting clients on legal entity establishment, corporate maintenance, restructuring, and dissolution.
Merger & Acquisitions and Corporate Restructuring
- Conducting legal due diligence (LDD) on companies in various industries e.g., non-life insurance, power plant, automotive products manufacturer, chemical product manufacturer, trading etc.
- Providing legal advice covering available business integration methods, legal concerns and requirements for transferring and acquiring specific target business, e.g., commercial bank, insurance, manufacturing and logistics etc.
Banking and finance
- Providing legal advice and legal steps plan required for the M&A of the two reputed commercial banks in Thailand covering legal restriction and requirement under Public Limited Company Act and the Bank of Thailand’s (BOT) law and
- Assisting the foreign asset management company (AMC) on the establishment its legal entity and applying for the AMC license from the BOT including providing legal services for the BOT’s post-legal
Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) and Investment Promotion (BOI)
- Providing legal compliance audit report including legal analysis as to verify legal compliance of clients’ existing business operation with the Foreign Business Act (FBA) and regulatory requirements together with lawful solutions or any other alternatives for dealing with any legal risks under the FBA.
- Providing legal alternatives for foreign companies for their business expansion to Thailand, assisting in obtaining foreign business license, foreign business certificate including the Protection under Thai-US Treaty of Amity.