Sirapat has over 7 years of legal experience providing corporate and commercial services to both Thai and foreign investors across multiple areas, including corporate registration, applying and obtaining investment promotion and letters of permission for utilization and business operation in industrial estates, Foreign Business License (FBL), Foreign Business Certificate (FBC), import/export licenses and telecommunication licenses as well as conducting legal audit, legal research and drafting and reviewing of legal documents and contracts including advising on personal data protection compliance and dealing with general business matters.
- LL.M, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- LL.B, (Honors) Thammasat University, Thailand
- Certificate in Law of Taxation, Thammasat University, Thailand
- Barrister-at-Law, the Thai Bar Association
- Lawyer License, Lawyer Council of Thailand
- Notarial Services Attorney, Lawyer Council of Thailand
- Signature Certifier of a Public Limited Company, Department of Business Development, the Ministry of Commerce, 2021
- Certificate of the training for Customs Broker, The Customs Broker and Transportation Association of Thailand, 2021
- Certificate of the online training in the topic “Personal Data Protection Law for Practitioners”, Chulalongkorn University, 2021
- Certificate of the training in the topic “Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562: Procedure and Regulations”, Political Science Association of Kasetsart University, 2019
A selection of matters in which Sirapat has been involved include:
- Advising multinational companies on foreign investment in Thailand, including the Foreign Business Act, the Board of Investment Promotion, incentives provided by the Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand, and registration and licensing requirements.
- Assisting foreign companies in various industries, including automotive, telecommunications, and steel industries, with the necessary documentation, filing, and registration of corporate work, including preparation of minutes of shareholders’ and directors’ meetings and other regulatory company secretarial matters.
- Assisted telecommunications operators on the business operations in Thailand including preparing documents, and representing companies on licensing, regulatory requirements, and corporate structure for resale of leased line, resale of SMS, IPLC, VOIP, web hosting, co-location, backup server, dedicated server, data center, and other services in Thailand.
- Assisted Mercedes-Benz in obtaining an investment promotion approval from the Board of Investment (“BOI”) for the manufacturing of Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles and Battery Electric Vehicles.
- Assisted a start-up company in obtaining an investment promotion approval from the BOI for Enterprise Software and Digital Content business.
- Assisted Huawei in amending the promoted project to include Cloud Services with the BOI.
- Assisted Tan Chong Group Companies and Mercedes-Benz in various compliance tasks under the BOI incentives, including assisting with the preliminary operation of the company, performance reports, and annual reports.
- Assisted a client in the transportation industry to obtain the investment promotion approval in the E-Commerce business category and register its trademark with the Department of Intellectual Property.
- Assisted foreign clients in obtaining foreign business licenses in a variety of businesses, including advertising, medical device leasing, and extended warranties for motorcycles.
- Conducted land due diligence and risk assessments in the industrial estate for the sale and purchase of land.
- Assisted a client in a court proceeding on the dispute involving a claim of damages between the client and the insurance company.
- Attended a negotiating process with the Office of the Consumer Protection Board on the issue pertaining to the damaged automobiles covered by the consumer protection statute.
- Assisted a client in the petroleum industry with the preparation of a petition for submission to the Bankruptcy Court to obtain an absolute receivership order, and further represented the client in the court proceeding for the final judgment of bankruptcy.