Chai has over 14 years of experience in advising both local and international clients on a broad range of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, joint ventures and consortium arrangements, foreign direct investments including applying for investment promotion benefits with RHO and Trade and Investment Support Office( TISO), regulation and licensing matters, board of investment promotions, real estate acquisitions (both commercial and residential), as well as capital markets and securities transactions.
Chai also has significant experience in devising and implementing optimum transaction structures for both Thai and foreign clients in respect of their investments in Thailand and throughout Southeast Asia. His expertise extends across multiple industries, including manufacturing, transportation, real estate, renewal energy (with a particular emphasis on solar energy), and telecommunications.
Education and Admission
- LL.M, Chulalongkorn University
- LL.B (Honors), Thammasat University
- Thai Barrister at Law, the Thai Bar Association
Significant transactions and projects in which Chai has been involved include:
Corporate, Mergers and Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures
- Representing TIME dotCom International Sdn Bhd – a subsidiary of a Malaysian listed company for acquisition, through a partial voluntary tender offer, of the of 38.75 percent of the issued share capital of Symphony Communication Public Company Limited, with an approximate total value of THB 1,540 million/ USD 49.4 million.
- Representing BG Container Public Company Limited, a Thai listed company, as the lead counsel for outbound investment in the energy section through an indirectly acquisition of 67% shares in a project company, operating a solar power plant project with 100 Megawatt in Phu Yen Province, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, with a deal value of THB 1,250 million/ USD 40 million.
- Representing B. Grimm Power – Energy China Consortium, the consortium among one of the listed power generating companies in Thailand and the entity under direct supervision of the State-Owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the People Republic of China, on preparation and submission of documents for bidding with the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT) in the Floating Solar Power Plant for Sirindhorn Dam Hydro-Floating Solar Hybrid Pilot Project, which is located in Ubon Ratchathani Province, with a capacity of 45 megawatts including reviewing and commenting on the contract entered into between the consortium and EGAT.
- Representing TBSP Public Company Limited, a Thai listed company operating in a media & publishing business, on disposal of its current documents and tape storage business to Iron Mountain (Thailand) Company Limited with the transaction value of THB 162.3 million/ USD 5.2 million.
- Acting as lead counsel on the investment transaction made by Private Equity Trust for SME Growing Together 2 for investing in an SME business operating a manufacturer of bread and bakery business with the investment amount of THB 100 million/ USD 3.2 million.
- Representing one of the largest publicly listed power generating companies in Thailand on the acquisition of shares in a project company and negotiation of the transaction agreement including an engineering procurement and construction contract for developing and constructing the 36MW offshore wind power in Gangwon Province, South Korea with the transaction value of USD 85 million (ongoing).
- Representing Khonburi Power Plant Company Limited, a subsidiary of Khonburi Sugar Public Company Limited, a listed company engaging in manufacturing sugar, on the establishment of a biomass infrastructure fund, which will invest in the revenue from the sale of electricity under the power purchase agreement with the transaction value of THB 2,800 million/ USD89.8 million (ongoing).