A Chinese-born Thai citizen, Mayuree is the firm’s head of China Practice. She has accumulated vast experience practicing law in Thailand, advising both local and Chinese speaking clients on multiple significant M&A transactions between both countries. Her expertise include acquisition and disposal of equity interest in listed companies, general corporate law, capital markets and securities law including IPOs, equity offerings, property funds, REITs, infrastructure funds, real estate and banking & finance across multiple industries including real estate & property development, healthcare & pharmaceuticals, oil & gas, renewable energy, and financial services.
As the head of China Practice, she focuses on building rapport and promoting Chinese investments in Thailand, which include advising on regulatory and licensing requirements, the formation of joint ventures and strategic alliances, company and industrial plant acquisitions including negotiation of commercial contracts and agreements.
Publications and Presentations
- Visiting Professor at the Law School of Shanghai University of Political Science and Law (SHUPL)
- Part-time lecturer on law related subjects at Bangkok Thonburi University, Thailand
- Author of 泰国的土地权证书/ Land Title Certificates In Thailand, January 2020
- Author of Restrictions “Chinese Investors Intent On Big Opportunities In Thailand Should First Bone Up On Foreign Ownership And Transactions With Thai Joint Venture Partners”, Asian Business Law Journal, August 2019
- Author of “Bridging the Thai-Chinese cultural divide”, Asian-mena In-house Community Counsel, Volume 16, Issue 6, 2019
- Author of 泰国新《劳动保护法》的修订要点, July 2019
Education and Admission
- LL.M (Honors), University of Southern California, Gould School of Law, USA
- LL.B Major in Business Laws (Honors), Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- Notarial Services Attorney, the Lawyers Council of Thailand, 2009
- Member, the Lawyer Council of Thailand, 2007
Recent Awards and Recognitions
- Recognized as an outstanding lawyer by ALB Asia’s 40 Under 40, 2021
A selection of matters in which Mayuree has been involved include:
Corporate and M&A
- Representing a consortium consisting of Opes Callan Limited, Hatton Equity Partners (Thailand) and Japan South East Asia Finance Fund L.P., a private equity invested by Development Bank of Japan, on its acquisition of 100% stake in Microfiber Industries Limited for the total value of THB 1.85 billion (USD 58.6 million).
- Representing Yesaway on various corporate and employment issues such as temporary cessation of business, laying-off personnel, termination of employment and operation adjustment under Thai labour law due to the novel COVID-19 pandemic.
- Representing one of the world’s largest FinTech companies as legal and tax counsel in Thailand.
- Representing Pattaya Nine in connection with legal issues related to Thai law on a retainer service agreement.
- Representing Thai Fintech Group Company on its PICO finance license application including preparing, reviewing and submitting necessary documentation as required by the Bank of Thailand and coordinating with the officers of “Bureau of Public Sector Finance” and other relevant departments.
Country Focus: Chinese speaking clients
Acquisition of Companies and Land
- Representing Tian Yuan Law Firm (China) on legal services pertaining to legal due diligence work on the subsidiary of Wuxi Hejing Technology (China) based in Thailand.
- Representing AWR Lloyd (Hong Kong) on legal services with the acquisition of shares in Sunshiro Advertising Company Limited incorporated under the laws of Thailand.
- Representing Geng Jin Shang Xin New Energy Technologies Co., Ltd. (China), a renewable energy producer, as legal counsel in various matters including:
- acquisition of shares in the Sermsappaisal Group 1999 Co., Ltd., an alternative energy producer of biomass;
- potential acquisition of shares in United Power of Asia Public Company; and
- conducting legal due diligence on Triton Holding as a potential acquisition candidate.
Thailand Market Entry and Legal Retainer Service
- Representing China Energy Engineering Group Shanxi Electric Power Engineering (Energy China) in a consortium with B. Grimm Public Company Limited (a Thai listed company engaging in the energy sector) to build the Electricity Authority of Thailand’s first Floating Solar Project at Sirindhorn Dam combining hydropower and solar power project which is the largest hybrid power generation in the world with the output of 45 MW, the deal worth over THB 842 million (approximately USD 27.7 million).
- Representing one of China’s largest sport utility vehicles and pick-up truck producers in connection with providing comprehensive legal advice related to Thai law on a retainer service agreement.
- Representing Shanghai Electric Group Company Limited, a Chinese multinational power generation and electrical equipment manufacturing company with comprehensive legal advice on its investment in Thailand.
Outbound Investments in Greater China
- Representing Eka Pak Company Limited, one of the world’s largest producers of rigid-barrier plastic packaging products, in connection with the acquisition of packaging companies from the existing shareholder (Printpack Global Financing) of a Delaware Corporation Holding company based in USA. Printpack Global Financing owns 100%, shares in three operating companies in the People’s Republic of China, which include Printpack Suzhou Trading Co. Ltd., Printpack Suzhou Packaging Co. Ltd. and Printpack Wuhu Packaging Co., Ltd.
- Representing Chan Development Company, a Thai packaging and cosmetics manufacturer, as legal counsel on its joint venture investment with Suzhou iColor Biotech Co., Ltd. and obtaining applicable investment promotions from the Board of Investments (BOI) to manufacture cosmetics.
- Representing a major Thai manufacturer of food & beverages as legal counsel concerning the proposed cross-border investment in swine breeding farms and feed mill factories based in China. The engagement requires our team to set up the company in China, with a holding company in Hong Kong, advising on tax implications, opening bank accounts and conducting due diligence on the assets to be transferred and leased to the client.
Dispute Resolution and Litigation
- Representing a large Chinese hydropower construction firm on a potential litigation between the company and a local Thai partner regarding an Engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) dispute.
- Representing a Zhangzhou trading company in assisting with the investigation of 16 Chinese nationals arrested in Phuket over a stock market scam.
- Representing a major Chinese solar energy producer investing in Thailand with various disputes and litigation matters including:
- EPC dispute with a Thai solar firm;
- Enforcement of share pledge agreements between the company and existing shareholders of a Thailand-based firm;
- Legal services in connection with liquidated damages for payments-related disputes with a Thai company; and
- Legal services in connection with uncashed cheques of a Thai solar company.