Kom’s principal area of practice is capital markets including IPOs, debt offerings, and takeovers. He also has a wealth of experience in mergers and acquisitions including the acquisition and disposal of equity interest in listed companies. His prior background as a senior legal officer with The Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) has been instrumental in giving him the edge when it relates to offering expert securities regulatory advice.
He has extensive experience in advising both domestic and international clients on offerings of shares (domestic and international), investment and trust units under Rule 144A and Regulation S, corporate restructuring, joint ventures and commercial transactions as well as real estate investment trusts and infrastructure funds. The primary industries Kom has served include manufacturing/industrials, renewable energy, real estate and property development, construction materials/management, and engineering and food and beverages.
Publications and Presentations
- Legal 500’s Comparative Legal Guide for Real Estate Thailand 2018 (2nd Edition) and 2019 (3rd Edition)
- IFLR1000’s M&A Thailand Activity Report – 2018 and 2019
Awards and Recognitions
- “Recommended Lawyer” in Corporate M&A (including capital markets) by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020
- “Strong knowledge on M&A transactions and capital markets. Very helpful and flexible.” (Client Feedback, IFLR1000 2020)
Education and Admission
- LL.M in Securities and Financial Regulations, Georgetown University, USA
- LL.M, Monash University, Australia
- LL.B, Chulalongkorn University
- Barrister-at-Law, the Thai Bar under the Royal Patronage
Significant transactions and projects in which Kom has been involved include:
Corporate, Mergers and Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures
- Advising Eka Pak Company Limited, one of the world’s largest producers of rigid-barrier plastic packaging products, in connection with the acquisition of packaging companies in the People’s Republic of China from Printpack US
- Advising a major Thai manufacturer of food & beverages listed company in connection with the acquisition of all shares a company that produces sauce and seasoning products, with a deal value of THB 280.5 million.
- Advising NPPG (Thailand) Public Company Limited, a listed company engaging in flexible plastic packaging for various types of consumer products and food business, in connection with the acquisition of several restaurant chains in Thailand including the franchise right of Dean & DeLuca and joint venture with its business partners to expand its restaurant business.
- Advising Mercury Global International Company Limited, an investment holding company focusing on investing diversified environmental protection industry project, in connection with the joint venture with Triton Holding Public Company Limited to operate a waste-to-energy power plant.
- Advising Prima Marine Public Company Limited, a full-service provider in the marine transport industry, in connection with the acquisition of up to 100% shares in Big Sea Company Limited which operates an oil shipping and maritime business in Thailand. This complex acquisition was divided into 2 phases involving an earn-out provision for the payment of the second phase acquisition. Acquisition size of approximately THB 2.9 billion.
- Advising AEC Securities Public Company Limited in connection with the sale of AECS’s retail securities business to UOB Kay Hian Securities (Thailand) Public Company Limited.
- Advising Siamraj Public Company Limited, a Thai listed company engaging in construction, procurement, distribution, and installation of engineered Pump and systems, in connection with the acquisition of 25.1% shares from two solar power plant companies: C2C Solutions Co., Ltd. and Sole Tech Solutions Co., Ltd. Acquisition of all shares in Techtronic Company Limited with an acquisition size of approximately THB 313.5 million.
- Advising B.Grimm Power Public Company Limited, one of Thailand’s largest private power producers, in connection with the international initial public offering of new shares under Regulation S, with an approximate total value of THB 11.5 billion (USD 370 million).
- Representing Phelps Dodge International (Thailand) Limited (PDITL), Thailand’s leading wire and cable manufacturer on its group’s restructuring exercise by way of reverse takeover (backdoor listing) of Siam Inter Multimedia Public Company Limited (SMM) through the entire business transfer transaction by Team A Holding 2 Co., Ltd. (TAH2), a shareholder of PDITL, with the total value of THB 12.9 billion (USD 415.3 million). Based on the success of the reverse takeover, SMM successfully submitted its re-listing application and is currently renamed as Stark Corporation Public Company Limited, a holding company that invests in electrical cable manufacturing and distribution business.
- Advising Thai Solar Energy Public Company Limited, a leading renewable energy company, in connection with the issuance of Transferrable Subscription Rights (TSR) to its existing shareholders in proportion to their shareholding.
- Advising B.Grimm Power Public Company Limited, one of Thailand’s largest private power producers, in connection with the international initial public offering of new shares under Regulation S in connection with debt offerings, with an approximate total value of THB 5.5 billion (USD 177 million).