Kom is active in both corporate and M&A and capital markets practice. He has a wealth of experience in mergers and acquisitions including the acquisition and disposal of equity interest in listed companies, IPOs, debt offerings, and takeovers. His prior background as a senior legal officer with The Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) has been instrumental in giving him the edge when it relates to offering expert securities regulatory advice.
He is well known in advising both domestic and international clients on offerings of shares (domestic and international), investment and trust units under Rule 144A and Regulation S, corporate restructuring, joint ventures and commercial transactions as well as real estate investment trusts and infrastructure funds. The industries Kom regularly engaged include industrial and manufacturing, energy, real estate, hotel and property development, construction materials, and F&B industry.
Publications and Presentations
- Legal 500’s Comparative Legal Guide for Real Estate Thailand 2018 (2nd Edition) and 2019 (3rd Edition)
- IFLR1000’s M&A Thailand Activity Report – 2018 and 2019
Awards and Recognitions
- Rising star lawyer in Capital markets by Asialaw, 2021
- Rising star lawyer in Corporate and M&A by Asialaw, 2021
- Recommended Lawyer in Corporate M&A (including capital markets) by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2020
- “Advisory and hands-on execution” – Client Feedback, IFLR1000, 2021
- “Strong knowledge on M&A transactions and capital markets. Very helpful and flexible.” – Client Feedback, IFLR1000, 2020
- LL.M in Securities and Financial Regulations, Georgetown University, USA
- LL.M, Monash University, Australia
- LL.B, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- Barrister-at-Law, the Thai Bar under the Royal Patronage
A selection of matters in which Kom has been involved include:
Corporate and M&A
- Representing Areeya Property Public Company Limited, a leading real estate developer listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET), on the divestiture of Mega 1 and Mega 2 Projects — an extremely rare transaction involving the “during-construction” residential condominium projects located in Bangkok’s Bang Na area, a rapidly growing suburb near to the Suvarnabhumi International Airport — to Real Asset Development Co., Ltd. at the approximate value of THB 1.1 billion (USD 37 million).
- Representing Nex Point Public Company Limited (NEX) — a Thailand-based manufacturer of high precision parts or accessories for electronic products with factories in Ayutthaya and Singburi provinces — in connection with its investment to penetrate the electric bus-related business through the acquisitions of partial equity interest from the existing shareholders in two target companies; Beli Service Company Limited, with a deal value of THB 260 million (approximately USD 8.34 million), and Absolute Assembly Company Limited, with a deal value of THB 218,250,000 (approximately USD 7 million).
- Representing Altitude Creed Talat Phlu Company Limited, a Thai joint venture company engaging in the real estate development sector, in connection with an offering of 15.26 percent of its issued shares capital to Thai investor on an investment in Altitude Unicorn Sathorn-Tha Phra, a high-rise condominium in Bangkok’s Talat Phlu area, with a deal value of THB 62.9 million (USD 2 million).
- Representing a leading Thai food producer in its proposed cross-border investment in swine breeding farms and feed mill factories in China.
- Representing CAT Telecom, one of the largest Thai telecommunications firms on its business expansion into the satellite industry by way of a joint venture with a satellite operator, Thaicom operating a satellite management business under the concessionaire with the Ministry of Transport valued at THB 10 million (USD 323,625).
- Representing Nex Point Public Company Limited (NEX), in connection with the issuance and offering of newly issued shares by way of private placement to specific investors, including Energy Absolute Public Company Limited for the purpose to expand its business operations relating to repairing and maintenance of buses in Thailand with a deal value of THB 2,354 million (USD 74.5 million).
- Representing Prosper Engineering Public Company Limited, a provider of engineering systems, design services, contractors, engineering consulting, and system maintenance services in connection with its domestic initial public offering on the Market for Alternative Investment (mai) with an approximate total value of THB 270 Million.
- Representing a leading residential real estate and property developer, in connection with the domestic initial public offering on the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET).
- Representing Khonburi Sugar Public Company Limited (KBS) — an integrated business of sugar manufacturing and distribution — to establish an infrastructure fund, Khonburi Sugar Power Plant Infrastructure Fund (KBSPIF), which will invest in the revenue generated from the sale of electricity totaling 25.5MW under the power purchase agreement with the Electricity Authority of Thailand (EGAT) with an aggregated transaction value of THB 2.8 billion (approximately USD 93 million).
- Representing Siamrajathanee Public Company Limited, a leading Thai company active in the outsourcing and car/property rental sectors, as legal counsel in connection with its domestic initial public offering on the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) with an approximate total value of THB 310 million (USD 9.95 million)