Kongkoch’s principal areas of practice include corporate, mergers & acquisitions, capital markets including initial public listing (IPO), corporate restructuring, and infrastructure funds. He has substantial experience representing sellers and purchasers in a wide spectrum of public and private transactions across a broad range of industries, including financial services, power and renewable energy (solar and wind), real estate/property development and technology, media and telecoms (TMT) including tech start-ups and e-commerce. He has managed a wide variety of projects including providing legal services for fund-raising projects in the TMT industries (tech start-ups) and acting as legal counsel for a bidding process to acquire a major international fast-food franchise with over 200 branches in Thailand.
Awards and Recognitions
- Notable practitioner by IFLR1000, 2019 – 2021
Education and Admission
- LL.M in Taxation, the University of Florida, Fredric G. Levin College of Law, USA
- LL.M, Vanderbilt University Law School, USA
- LL.B (Honors), Thammasat University, Thailand
A selection of matters in which Kongkoch has been involved include:
Corporate and M&A
- Representing CAT Telecom, one of the largest Thai telecommunications firms on its business expansion into the satellite industry by way of a joint venture with a satellite operator, Thaicom operating a satellite management business under the concessionaire with the Ministry of Transport valued at THB 10 million (USD 323,625).
- Representing as legal adviser to a consortium consisting of Opes Callan Limited, Hatton Equity Partners (Thailand) and Japan South East Asia Finance Fund L.P., a private equity invested by Development Bank of Japan, on its acquisition of 100% stake in Microfiber Industries Limited for the total value of THB 1.85 billion (USD 58.6 million).
- Representing Principal Healthcare – Ubon Ratchathani Company Limited, a subsidiary of Principal Capital Public Company Limited on its acquisition of the entire business of Ruamphaetsapphasit Company Limited, a company operating a private hospital business under the name “Sunpasitinter Hospital” located in Ubon Ratchathani province, by way of an entire business transfer (EBT) with a deal value of THB 500 million (USD 16 million).
- Representing Virajsilp Company Limited, a company operating a private hospital business under the name “Virajslip Hospital” located in Chumphon province, in connection with the transfer of the hospital business to Principal Healthcare – Chumphon Company Limited, a subsidiary of Principal Capital Public Company Limited, with a deal value of THB 540 million (USD 17.2 million).
- Representing Team Consulting Engineering and Management Public Company Limited in connection with the domestic initial public offering, July 2018, with an approximate total value of THB 435.6 million (USD 14 million).
- Representing Villa Kunalai Public Company Limited, a real estate and property developer, in connection with the domestic initial public offering.
- Representing Siam Technic Concrete Public Company Limited on their domestic initial public (ongoing)
- Representing NSL Food Company Limited on their domestic initial public (ongoing)