Kudun is the founding partner of Kudun and Partners. He is active in capital markets and securities including IPOs, debt securities offerings and stock exchange listings. He has a wealth of experience advising both Thai and international clients on a wide range of matters on mergers & acquisitions (including the acquisition and disposal of equity interest in publically-listed companies), banking & finance, infrastructure funds and real estate law / REITs transactions. His depth of expertise extends across a variety of sectors in all stages of both domestic and cross-border cases.
He regularly assists international clients, seeking to invest in Thailand, on a broad spectrum of industry sectors on choosing the right investment structure, as well as on licenses and other regulatory matters required to do business in Thailand.
Publications and Presentations
- Lecturer on partnership and company law, bankruptcy and insolvency law, and investment law at several Thai universities.
- IFLR1000’s M&A Thailand Activity Report 2018 / 2019
Awards and Rankings
- Recommended Lawyer in Corporate and M&A (including Capital Markets) by Legal 500 2020
- Recommended Lawyer in Projects and Energy by Legal 500 2020
- Highly Regarded Lawyer for Capital Markets – Debt/Equity and M&A by IFRL 1000 2020
- Recognized as one of Thailand’s Top 100 lawyers 2020 by Vantage Group
- Leading Lawyer in Capital Markets and Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions by IFLR 2020
- Leading Lawyer in Capital Markets and Corporate/M&A by Asialaw 2014
Education and Admission
- LL.M., Columbia University School of Law, U.S.A
- LL.B., Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
Significant transactions and projects in which Kudun has been involved include:
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Representing BG Container Glass [BKK:BGC] in the acquisition of of a 100% stake in Solar Power Management (Thailand) from Eastern Printing [BKK:EPCO] with solar power projects in Thailand and Vietnam from Eastern Printing Public Company Limited with a cumulative transaction value of THB 1.07 billion (USD 35.5 million).
- Representing Phongsubthavy Roads and Bridges Construction and Irrigation Sole Company Limited in relation to the sale of shares in Nam San 3A Power Sole Company Limited, who owns a hydropower plant of 69 MW in the Lao PDR – the transaction pursuant to a whole share acquisition, with a value of approximately THB 5.3 billion (USD 175.6 million).
- Representing Prima Marine Public Company Limited in the acquisition of up to 100% shares in Big Sea Company Limited which operates an oil shipping and maritime business in Thailand. This complex acquisition was divided into 2 phases involving an earn-out provision for the payment of the second phase acquisition with a value of approximately THB 2.9 billion (USD 93.7 million).
- Representing Chewathai Public Company Limited in the acquisition of Aria Asoke, a condominium project located in a prime location in Bangkok from AQ Estate Public Company Limited, with a value of THB 584 million (USD 18.9 million).
- Representing the Gunkul Engineering Public Company Limited on the sale of 49% of the shares in Gunkul Chubu Powergen Co., Ltd. (formerly, Gunkul Powergen Co., Ltd.) to Chubu Electric Power Gem B.V., Japan, with a cumulative value of THB 824 million (USD 26.6 million).
- Representing Jardine Cycle & Carriage Limited with regards to the acquisition of 24.9% of the issued share capital of Siam City Cement Public Company Limited (SCCC) with a total value of THB 19 billion (USD 615 million).
- Acting as legal counsel and business advisor to B.Grimm Power Public Company Limited as the issuer of one of the largest IPOs in Thailand for a company with major power plants in Thailand, Vietnam and Lao PDR with an offering value of THB 11.5 billion (USD 371.6 million).
- Acting as legal counsel to Amata VN Public Company Limited in connection with its international initial public offering and company secretary with an estimated total value of THB 1.25 billion (USD 40.4 million).
- Representing Taokaenoi Food & Marketing Public Company Limited as legal counsel for its domestic initial public offering and company secretary with an approximate total value of THB 1.44 billion (USD 46.5 million).
- Representing Krung Thai Bank Public Company Limited in the role of legal counsel in relation to debt offerings with an estimated total value of THB 10 billion (USD 323.3 million).
Restructuring and Tax
- Representing Team A Holding 3 Co., Ltd. in the acquisition of the food and beverage packaging business from the TCK Group through appropriate tax planning, due diligence, and negotiations our client was able to win the purchase bid while offering a much lower price yet still resulting in additional funds to the seller. The total deal value is THB 1.08 billion (USD 34.9 million).
- Acting for TOA Group Holding Company Limited as a legal and tax counsel with corporate restructuring as well as providing tax management and planning for its initial public offering, including spinning off unrelated businesses from the IPO company, October 2017, with an approximate total value of THB 48.6 billion (USD 1.6 billion).
- Representing WHA Utilities & Power Public Company Limited as both legal and tax counsel in connection with corporate restructuring and providing tax management and planning for its initial public offering, April 2017, with an approximate total value of THB 23.7 billion (USD 766.2 million).
- Representing Sea Oil Public Company Limited as legal and tax counsel in connection with the establishment of the entire business transfer (EBT) of its subsidiaries doing solar business