Songpol is a senior litigation lawyer with Kudun and Partners Limited. He has extensive experience in advising both local and international clients on dispute resolution, commercial and business litigation, administrative law, intellectual property and anti-counterfeit law, insolvency and bankruptcy law, and arbitration. His expertise extends across multiple industries including modern trade, telecommunication, hospitality, education, energy, banking, insurance and financial services.
- Master of Public Administration (MPA), National Institute of Development Administration (NIDA), Thailand
- LL.B, Ramkhamhaeng University, Thailand
- Specialist in Intellectual Property and International Trade Law (Practical approach), Institute of Legal Education, the Thai Bar Association
A selection of matters in which Songpol has been involved include:
- Defending a telephone voice and data communications services provider against one of Thailand’s leading cable satellite TV providers from copyright violation claims related to the English Premier League.
- Representing a leading telecommunications company in defending an arbitration case in connection with the claim of compensation arising from the concession agreement.
- Representing a TV licensing company in connection with investigation and litigation made by the Office of National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission.
- Representing one of the oldest printing companies in Thailand in connection with its passport production bidding in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Representing a China (PRC) registered solar panel manufacturer company and its five directors as defendants in the Central Intellectual Property and International Trade Court (IPIT Court) on a patent dispute between another company.
- Representing one of the Thai retail stores with its investigation and litigation in connection with its trademark infringement and storage.
- Representing one of the leading hotels in Thailand on the investigation and litigation of its trademark and service mark.
- Representing one of the largest Thai companies which own a reputable hotel brand on a dispute related to trademark infringement.
- Representing one of the world-leading electronic parts manufacturers in connection with investigation and litigation regarding the trademark of its trade name.
- Representing a reputable Japanese company that designs, licenses and produces toys and products focusing on Japanese pop culture on a trademark infringement matter.
- Representing one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies in connection with litigation regarding its patent.
- Representing a full-service brokerage firm providing services including securities brokerage, and investment advisory on its defense against investor claims on debt securities that were sold five years ago and went default amounting to THB 200 million (USD6.1 million).
- Representing a securities company in connection with the investigation and litigation in connection with brokerage appointment agreement and forward contract.
- Representing various rig and oil companies, leading and top world hotels, commercial and investment banks, top universities in Thailand, and aircraft charter companies in connection with litigation regarding labor disputes.
- Representing one of the largest banks in Thailand in connection with investigation and litigation regarding credit facility.
- Representing one of the largest banks in Thailand in connection with litigation proceedings related to bank receivables regarding privacy.
- Representing a major European luxury automotive company on various legal issues.
Restructuring and Insolvency
- Representing a total of 87 savings co-operatives consisting of state-owned enterprises, universities, corporations and hospitals, the largest group of creditors of Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI) in THAI’s business rehabilitation proceeding, holding an aggregate debt of THB 45.65 billion or approximately 65% of the airline’s debenture debts and 13% of the airline’s total debt.
- Representing an oil and pipeline company in connection with litigation regarding civil case and rehabilitation.