Our lawyers have played pivotal roles in some of Thailand’s largest corporate disputes, including several ground-breaking bankruptcy and business rehabilitation cases arising out of the 1997 financial crisis, representing both creditors, corporate debtors and business rehabilitation plan administrators. With a proven track record coupled with a sound knowledge of the Bankruptcy Act in Thailand, our clients are impressed with our innovative ideas and pragmatic solutions in handling all situations due to debt crises.
Team of Experts
Our partners and co-heads of dispute resolution practice, Somboon Sangrungjang, Pariyapol Kamolsilp and partner, Niruch Winiyakul have unrivaled experience with multi-faceted cross border issues arising out of business reorganization, debt restructuring and insolvency, bankruptcy proceedings, and protection of creditor and debtor rights. We continue to represent creditors, corporate debtors, distressed debt purchasers, financial institutions, and plan administrators including some of the most high profile and high net worth clients.
The industry trust us for our knowledge in this field. Our team has published a newsletter on the Anatomy of a Business Rehabilitation in Thailand: Key Considerations for Thai and Foreign Creditors, which was picked up by various publications; The Legal 500, IFLR, and Inhouse Community among others, further fortifying our position as the forefront law firm in this field
We understand that the outcome of a dispute resolution proceeding has not only financial implications, but an effect on your reputation. Kudun and Partners are extremely hands-on in our approach, taking considerable time to understand your business and devise intelligent solutions to your unique circumstances. A selection of the high profile cases that our lawyers have been involved in are listed below:
– Representing a total of 87 savings co-operatives in their capacity as creditors holding an aggregate debt of THB 45.65 billion or approximately 65% of the airline’s debenture debts and 13% of the airline’s total debt of Thai Airways International Public Company Limited in Thailand’s largest-ever business rehabilitation proceeding to date, with debts estimated to be in excess of THB 352.49 billion (approximately USD 11.34 billion).
– Representing a leading European automotive company in their capacity as creditor in the Thai Airways International Public Company Limited business rehabilitation.
– Represented the clients for land and buildings foreclosure of Rich Asia Industry Company Limited as of a subsidiary of Rich Asia Corporation Public Company Limited under a total defaulted debt of not less than THB 1 billion.
– Representing one of the largest banks in South Korea on its syndicate loan dispute with Jasmine International PCL (JAS) that went through a business restructuring and corporate rehabilitation plan for the amount of USD 9.6 million.
– Acted for a leading real estate company including representation as a plan preparer and plan administrator in its business rehabilitation process.
– Acting for the clients in a corporate rehabilitation case and bill of exchange damages claim totaling THB 250 million (USD 8.1 million).
Are you pondering on the best available methods to overcome your debt crises but may be overwhelmed with the different methods available? Get in touch with us by telephone or send us your enquiries using the contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.TEL: 662 838 1750 FAX: 662 838 1795