Wadtawan mainly focuses on representing clients in dispute resolution cases. He has extensive experience in advising both local and international clients not only on litigation but also in mediation and arbitration. His expertise extends beyond litigation where he also advises clients on commercial and foreign investments.
Education and Admission
- LL.B, Thammasat University, Thailand
- Member of the Lawyer Council of Thailand
Some of the significant transactions and projects in which Wadtawan has been involved include:
- Defending a telephone voice and data communications services provider against one of Thailand’s leading cable satellite TV providers from copyright violation claims related to the English Premier League.
- Representing the leading securities brokerage company and its investors in relation to their investment claims and debt restructuring against companies and directors.
- Acting for a group of investors in settling the default payment of approximately THB 1 billion (USD 32 million) in bonds and debentures issued by a conglomerate that produces die-casting and machinery for the automotive, compressor, and electronics sectors.
- Representing the senior management of the leading securities brokerage company in challenging an order of The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) with the Appeal Commission and the Central Administrative Court.
- Advising and representing a major Chinese construction company in claiming outstanding fees on construction works with a value of approximately THB 300 million (USD 9.6 million).
- Acting as legal counsel to one of the largest independent operators of petroleum and chemical tankers in Thailand in an administrative case arising out of an administrative order ruling out the company out from being a bidder of Laem Chabang Port Phase 3 Project against The Eastern Economic Corridor Policy Committee.
- Acting as legal counsel to a China-based world leader in the manufacturing and marketing of solar PV power generation products, in a THB 700 million (USD 22.4 million) claim arising out of the default of three solar power plants’ construction fees located in Saraburi, Nonthaburi and Suphanburi