Ekachai is primarily engaged in capital markets (including IPOs and debt/equity offerings), mergers and acquisitions, as well as banking and finance (bills of exchange and debt financing) and corporate restructuring. He has particular expertise in offering debentures and debt instruments from several Thai companies through a private placement offering to institutional investors and high net worth individuals.
Ekachai has represented a wide spectrum of companies from small local firms to state-owned enterprises and large foreign multinationals. He has deep-rooted experience in the real estate and property development sector, having spearheaded numerous complex real estate development projects. The other major industry sectors which he serves include financial services, energy & power (renewable energy – solar/wind), oil & gas, and technology, media and telecoms (TMT). He has handled fund-raising projects for several TMT (tech start-ups) including online financial investment, online education, cloud accounting software and transportation services.
- LL.M, Northwestern University, School of Law, USA
- LL.M, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- LL.B (Honors), Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
A selection of matters in which Ekachai has been involved include:
Corporate and M&A
- Representing Demeter Corporation Public Company Limited (DCORP) with business in the Innovation, Media and Renewable Energy sectors on its acquisition of assets and rights to operate in-store media advertising from N.E.XT Company Limited, a leading provider of in-store radio advertising media valued at approximately THB 40 million (USD 1.26 million).
- Representing JKN Global Media Public Company Limited, the market leader in Thailand’s content distributorship industry, in connection with the Exclusive Distributorship Agreement with BEC World Public Company Limited and The Bangkok Television Company Limited in distributing all Channel 3 TV’s drama series, the most-watched Thai channel in certain territories.
- Representing Phongsubthavy Roads and Bridges Construction and Irrigation Sole Company Limited (having the local name as ບໍລິສັດ ພົງຊັບທະວີ ກໍ່ສ້າງຂົວທາງ, ເຄຫາສະຖານ ແລະ ຊົນລະປະທານ ຈໍາກັດຜູ້ດຽວ) in relation to a cross-border sale of shares in Nam San 3A Power Sole Company Limited, who owns a hydro power plant of 69 MW in the Lao PDR – the transaction pursuant to a whole share acquisition, with a value of approximately THB 5.3 billion (USD 175.6 million).
- Representing Finnomena Company Limited, a fast-growing financial advisory firm, in connection with the Share Subscription Agreement and Shareholders’ Agreement for its rounds of funding from Angel, Series A and Series B investors.
Equity Capital Markets (ECM)
- Representing Finnomena Company Limited, Southeast Asia’s leading fintech startup operating a digital wealth management platform in relation to the sale of new issued shares and certain number of existing shares for its rounds of funding Series B investors valued at approximately USD 10 million (THB 319,750,000).
- Representing Urban Mobility Tech Company Limited, a start-up company that focuses on providing ride-hailing on-demand sharing transportation services, in connection with the capital injection from Banpu Infinergy. Co., Ltd. valued at THB 67 million (USD 2.17 million).
- Representing Triple i Logistics Public Company Limited, a Thai listed company engaging in transportation and logistics services, in connection with its domestic initial public offering, with an approximate total value of THB 789.6 million (USD 25.4 million).
- Representing B.Grimm Power Public Company Limited, Thailand’s oldest infrastructure developer, in connection with an international initial public offering, company secretary, with a total value of THB 11.5 billion (USD 369.7 million).
Debt Capital Markets (DCM)
- Representing JKN Global Media Public Company Limited on the offering of a 5-year convertible debenture by way of private placement to one specific investor; North Haven Thai Private Equity Fund of the Morgan Stanley Group, a global financial services company. This joint venture deal includes strategic structure, pricing and terms negotiation, accompanied with sets of complex agreements with a total value of approximately THB 1.2 billion (USD 38.14 million).
- Representing Thai Bonnet Trading Zone Co., Ltd. and Srisawad Finance PCL (debenture holders’ representative) in connection with issuing debentures as well as land mortgage registration valued at THB 400 million (USD 12.63 million).
- Representing RHB Securities (Thailand) Public Company Limited, a full-service brokerage firm, for the offering of debt instruments issued by several Thai companies through a private placement offering to institutional investors and/or high net worth individuals.
- Representing KT Zmico Securities Company Limited, a company engaging in securities business, in the offering of debt instruments issued by several Thai companies through a private placement offering to institutional investors and/or high net worth individuals