Saravut’s principal focus for the past two decades is on tax, corporate restructuring and cross border M&A. He is an esteemed legal expert in the oil and gas industry having represented both Thai and multinational companies investing in petroleum exploration and production in Thailand on legal and tax matters related to petroleum laws, petroleum income tax and other laws related to the transfer of participating interest in petroleum concessions and operation of petroleum activities in Thailand.
Apart from oil and gas, Saravut has extensive experience in real estate, technology start-ups and the e-commerce industries. He provides legal and tax counsel including risk management advice for the restructuring and entire business transfer of groups of companies as well as providing tax management and planning advice on setting up proper entities for investment and development projects in ASEAN countries. He also advises property developers on a spectrum of tax structures for real estate acquisitions including income tax, withholding tax, VAT, SBT, stamp duties through to house and land tax.
Awards and Recognitions
- Recommended Lawyer in Tax by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020
Education and Admission
- LL.M, Private Law, Thammasat University
- LL.B, Thammasat University
- Extra-ordinary Member of the Thai Bar Association
- Member of the Lawyers Council of Thailand
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Author of “Thailand issues regulation on stamp duty payment for electronic documents” published by the International Tax Review (ITR).
- Speaker on “Cross Border Investment Activities Between Countries” at the ALB Thailand In-house Legal Summit 2019.
Saravut’s recent taxation and restructuring experience extend across several practice areas including Corporate M&A, Capital markets, IPOs for various industries, which include:
Taxation and Corporate Restructuring
- Advised and represented multinational companies in tax dispute matters regarding transfer pricing, withholding tax and VAT, including defending a case against the Thai Revenue Department.
- Representing PTT Public Company for regarding tax planning structure in the merger between its subsidiaries.
- Acting as a legal and tax counsel in connection with corporate restructuring and provide tax management and planning for initial public offering, April 2017, with an approximate total value of THB 23.7 billion.
- Acting as a legal and tax counsel in connection with corporate restructuring and provide tax management and planning for setting up proper entity for development projects in ASEAN Countries.
- Acting as a legal and tax counsel in connection with corporate restructuring and provide tax management and planning for initial public offering, September 2017, with an approximate total value of THB 2.3 billion.
- Acting as a legal and tax counsel in connection with the establishment of the International Headquarter for tax management in its power businesses.
- Acting as a legal and tax counsel in connection with the establishment of the entire business transfer of its subsidiaries doing solar business.
Corporate, Mergers and Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
- Conducted legal and tax due diligence and addressed key relevant legal and tax issues concerning merger and acquisition transactions.
- Legal and tax services on the acquisition of shares of a major logistics company by way of entire business transfer arrangements