Saravut Krailadsiri, partner and head of our firm’s data privacy and protection practice, was invited to be a speaker at the “PDPA in Action Personal Data Protection Law & Practical Actions” seminar organized by Omega World Class on August 25, 2023. He spoke on the topic “PDPA in Customer Data Protection”, where he shared his expertise on techniques in understanding of the Personal Data Protection Act and “Managing customer data”, a technique that corporate executives should urgently learn and adopt.
- Application in various fields of “Managing customer information”
- Company’s use of a contractual basis for sensitive personal data processing
- Determining if direct marketing requires consent
- Assessing the need for consent in utilizing social networking data, such as Facebook, for driving sales
- Case analysis of “Customer information management” compared to international practices, with a focus on Thailand.
The seminar was not only informative but also brought together professionals, corporate executives, and individuals with a shared interest in personal data protection. Attendees left with a deeper understanding of the PDPA and practical solutions for compliance.
If you would like to know more about PDPA or seek consultation on this topic, please feel free to contact our dedicated PDPA team. We’re here to assist you in navigating the complexities of personal data protection.