Somboon joined Kudun and Partners Limited as a senior associate in 2018 and became a partner in 2019. He is active in the Dispute Resolution practice area. He possesses extensive knowledge and skills in negotiation, commercial and business litigation, domestic and international arbitration, administrative law, and insolvency and bankruptcy law. He regularly acts for major domestic and international clients as their trusted business advisor and he is highly sought-after for his in-depth legal knowledge and extensive litigation experience in a wide range of industries.
Publications and Presentations
- Author of “Thailand: Sexual harassment in the workplace” published on Conventus Law.
Awards and Rankings
- Recommended Lawyer in Dispute Resolution by the Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020
- Notable Practitioner by IFLR1000 2019 – 2020
- Recognized in Litigation by Client Choice Award 2019
Education and Admission
- LL.B., Thammasat University
- B.A Major in Accounting, Suan Dusit Rajabhat University
- Member of the Thai Barrister at Law, the Thai Bar Association
- Member of the Lawyer Council of Thailand
Significant transactions and projects in which Somboon has been involved include:
- Acting for one of the largest national petroleum companies in connection with its investigation and litigation in relation to its palm-oil business totaling THB 22.5 billion (USD 727 million).
- Acting for one of the largest national petroleum companies in connection with several criminal allegations made by the National Anti-Corruption Committee.
- Acting for one of the oldest printing companies in Thailand in connection with its passport production bidding in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Acting for one of the largest telecommunication companies in relation to the contractual claim made by a former state enterprise of the Thai Government.
- Acting for one of the largest telecommunication companies in connection with the broadcasting of major sport event orders made by the Office of National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission.
- Representing a major independent oil and gas company in one of the largest environmental impact claims in southern Thailand to protect the client’s oil and gas exploration development and production concessions.
- Acting on behalf of foreign directors of the Thai subsidiary of a Japanese plastic manufacturing group in defending criminal allegations made by its local business partner in Thai court.
- Representing an international truck manufacturer in several civil claims and criminal charges made by former senior management regarding unfair dismissal, defamation and perjury criminal offenses.
- Acting for one of the largest Thai steel manufacturers in a criminal case at the Economic Crime Suppression Division against the Thai and US banks regarding international fraud.
- Representing Thailand’s largest oil & gas producer in an appeal for a claim against the Revenue Department of Thailand with the filing of an appeal in the Tax Court of Thailand regarding a major tax assessment of revenues and expenses related to offshore production.
- Defending a major international bank in connection with criminal allegations filed by its debtors and a business reorganization.
- Acting on behalf of a German financial institution against a claim by the shareholders of the largest petrochemical company in Thailand for over THB 190 billion (USD 6.1 billion).
- Representing a leading hotel group in a civil case against an international construction company for damages incurred in an amount over THB 3 billion (USD 97 million).