Founded in 2015, Kudun and Partners is a modern and forward-thinking law firm with a vision for a more client-focused way of practicing. Our highly experienced team of Thai and international lawyers, comprised of 16 partners with over 50 associates, act as trusted advisors to leading Thai and international private and public corporations including a range of government entities, financial institutions, and private equity funds on transactions in Thailand and throughout Southeast Asia, covering the full spectrum of industry sectors. In only six years since our inception, we have been awarded twice the highly coveted Thailand Law Firm of the Year by The Legal 500 Southeast Asia Awards in 2020/2021 and 2023, a reflection of the firm’s commitment to delivering work that exceeds expectations and raises industry standards.
What makes us different?
Our culture allows our team members to define their career paths based on their strengths, and our ambitious outlook ensures that we continue to provide opportunities for everyone to thrive. We are committed to fostering a culture of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB). Our basic principles revolve around working together as a team, respecting and supporting one another as a family, fostering unity as well as encouraging equality and fairness. We practice an open-door policy where team members are encouraged to speak out and share ideas. The steering members of the firm are steadfast in their belief that employees are the business’s most valuable asset, and they hold frequent get-togethers, whether online or offline, to meet and speak. In April 2022, our firm was recognized as Thailand’s Employer of Choice, 2022 by Asian Legal Business, a Thomson Reuters publication, alongside some of the longest-standing law firms in Thailand.
Join us if you are ready to be part of our team!
About the Role
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Legal Assistant to provide legal support for our Corporate and M&A Practice. As a Legal Assistant, you will play a vital role in assisting our lawyers in various aspects of corporate transactions, ensuring seamless incorporation of new companies, compliance with local legislation, and maintaining accurate corporate filings and closing binders for our clients.
- Preparing applications and related documents for registration with government authorities
- Filing applications and related documents systematically and on time.
- Liaising effectively with officials in charge of the government authorities such as Thailand’s Department of Business Development (DBD), Revenue Department, Board of Investment and other government authorities to facilitate smooth legal processes.
- Assisting lawyers in preparing and organizing of various legal documents.
- Coordinating with messengers on delivering complete and accurate documentation for various client/corporate applications.
- Collaborating with the finance team on processing reimbursements and organizing petty cash for government fees related to permit, license and certificate applications.
- Conducting basic research tasks on behalf of lawyers, as required.
- Handling translations from English to Thai and vice versa.
- Maintaining documents and organizing files to uphold a well-documented and accessible record system.
Qualifications and Characteristics
- Bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Strong communication skills in both Thai and English.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Previous legal assistant experience in a law firm is an advantage.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across functions while also excelling independently.
- Excellent service-oriented mindset, displaying a high level of responsibility and attention to detail with a positive and professional relationship with internal and external stakeholders, including colleagues, clients, and relevant government authorities.
- Possess strong organizational and planning skills, be flexible and adaptable, and have the capability of working under pressure and tight deadlines to deliver work within specified timelines.
- Possess a willingness to learn new tools and programs.
This position is based at our office in the new Vivre Langsuan building. If you believe you have the right attitude, the necessary skills, and knowledge for this role, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on August 7, 2023